Julia Leach, Chance
When it comes to design: fashion + interiors, stripes are iconic, classic and timeless. To master and own the stripe top is something that many designers have tried to do but Julia, Founder and Creative Director of Chance has succeeded in doing. With an organic and simple feel her staple line still always reads chic and elegant. Following Julia's Instagram is like escaping; her bountiful farmers market fruits & veggies arranged so beautifully, the vintage cars sightings and overall California ease she exudes. I was excited to see what Julia's interior style was and as expected I wasn't disappointed. Combining classic pieces and a cozy warmth, her home reflects herself as a designer. Snoop her home essentials and her line for some serious inspiration.
Name: Julia Leach
Profession: Creative Director / Brand Vision Consultant
Home Base: LA & NY
Design Style: Layered Minimalism
What inspires you the most: Travel, nature, art, history and the future
Favorite room in your home: Living/dining room (open area) in LA; My bedroom in NY (upstate)
What are the things you can't live without in your home?
- My king sized bed with down pillows with Restoration Hardware navy linen cases and a cozy duvet
- Art that has been gifted to me or that I've discovered and been moved by.
- A mix of vintage Danish glassware and items from Global Table in SoHo for entertaining.
- Bespoke letterpress stationary for writing to friends and family.
- Celery Thyme candles from Lafco
- Japanese Tenugui textiles from Tortoise on Abbot Kinney
1. Leather lounge chair, ideally original Arne Jacobson vintage leather Egg Chair
2. Chandelier by Lindsey Edelman
3. BDDW rug
4. Floor to ceiling bookshelves for ever accumulating books
5. Armand Diradourian cashmere throw
6. Fireplace with mantle (Demolition Depot in Harlem has great options) so you can sit in front of a fire in your Egg Chair
wrapped up in a cashmere throw reading one of your books by the light of your chandelier! ;-)
Live and Shop Like Julia